Every monday we share with you a #funfactmonday post. Facts about cats that you probably didn't know.
Here are some of them...
- Cats are the most popular pet in the United States. There are 88 million pet cats and 74 million dogs.
- Cats are almost colorblind. Except for a few individual shades. There are many cat foods colored with food coloring, it is done to attract owners and not due to cats preference in pretty colors.
- Dogs have owners Cats have Staff ;)
- A female cat carries her kittens for about 58-65 days before they are born.
- Cats can’t see directly below their noses. That’s why they miss food that’s right in front of them.
- Cats can run up to 30 miles per hour.
- Cats have more than 100 different vocal sounds.
- Humans greet each other by shaking hands.cats greet one another by touching their noses together.
- Abraham Lincoln shared the White House with four of his pet cats.
- There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world, with approximately 40 recognized breeds.
- A cat rubs against people not only to be affectionate but also to mark out its territory with scent glands around its face. The tail area and paws also carry the cat’s scent.
- The smallest cat was a tiny little squeaky adult blue Himalayan named Tinker Toy weighed 18 ounces and was less than three inches tall.
All kittens are born with blue eyes, they only change color about two weeks after their eyes first open.